Choose a current major sports league in the U.S. You are a front office manager
GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
Choose a current major sports league in the U.S.
You are a front office manager and have a player/employee who has committed some kind of action that is wrong, and everyone knows it is wrong … but there is nothing prohibiting the action in the current rules. So, it is generally an action that would be seen as unethical but not illegal or against any rule.
What are the appropriate steps you would take in this situation to mitigate the bad publicity that may result? Give the exact steps you would take as someone within the organization based on the given sports example you’ve chosen.
Keep in mind that great sports governance has the following qualities:
To complete this assignment, you must have the following:
1. The infraction. NOTE: You cannot use a real infraction that has been in the news.
2. The league within which the player/employee is employed.
3. A statement of the policy from the league the infraction was in.
4. Fictional name of the employee and their position in the organization.
5. The steps you feel need to happen based on the policy in place.
6. Intervention steps you are putting in place to show retribution and ensure it will not happen again.
7. Clear definitions of the repercussions that would happen if a given event would happen again. BE SPECIFIC. What if they commit a second but unrelated action? Does the second action by the employee automatically trigger a harsher punishment or does it have to be a repeat of the first action? (For example, marijuana is currently not in violation of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy but it still viewed by many as wrong, even in states where it is legal. If a team has disciplined a player for marijuana use themselves (first action) and the player later gets caught sports gambling (second action; not illegal but frowned upon by athletes), is the punishment for the gambling harsher because of the marijuana violation, or would the player need to be caught using marijuana again to result in a harsher punishment for the second action?