To be successful with the essay, follow the instructions below: 1. Provide a con
GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
To be successful with the essay, follow the instructions below:
1. Provide a concise overview of the topic in the introductory paragraph, and introduce the two opposing articles, their
authors, and the authors’ position. This should take between 0.5 and 0.75 pages.
2. Through online research as well as the author/topic introduction section in Crosscurrents, provide some background
information of the authors for the first article, focus only on information (political affiliation, professional and life
experiences, etc.) that can help the reader appreciate why the authors adopt the position that they did in their article.
Then, seamlessly move on to summarize the key arguments the authors made in the article. This should take 0.75 pages
to 1.25 pages. If it exceeds 0.75 pages, you probably should break the section into two separate paragraphs.
3. Repeat Step #2 with the second article.
4. Compare and contrast the two groups of author(s) by focusing on the authors’ underlying assumptions, political biases
(which may or may not be apparent), and style of argument (One-sided? Two-sided? Taking a black-or-white
approaching? Relying on research data? Relying on personal expertise? Relying on work done by others?). Make sure
that you do not repeat the same points that you have already raised in Steps #2 and #3. This should take no more than
5. Write a concluding paragraph. State which of the two positions are more convincing and why. Draw some general
conclusions about what you have learned about the topic as a result of having critically reviewed the two articles. This
should take between 0.5 and 0.75 pages.